Sometimes there is nothing better than a little background to help us better understand the issues and benefits of dematerialization.
Imagine the case of John, who has to make sure that the photovoltaic panels at the St Laurent centre are working properly, and Anne, who has to inspect the Hydro industrial site. Both are inspectors/auditors of the certification office, and their role is to carry out regular checks to avoid any incidents.
The Purpose of Dematerialization: contextualization
The mission was organized upstream by Michael, the director. He has centralized information to prevent, monitor, and plan the interventions to be carried out by his teams. To optimize the missions, to ensure their effectiveness and that the processes are indeed respected, Michael has chosen beforehand to dematerialize their forms, who were so far always entered on paper.
He is making sure that this digital transition, this dematerialization, was as simple as possible using a flexible and customizable tool.à
Form dematerialization: the benefits
Now, during their travels, John and Anne have the forms adapted to their missions, with all the information on board, to be able to work even in case of no internet connection. The application of electronic forms used on their mobile devices allows them to control, check the quality of installations and report any malfunctions by text entry and photo capture.
Michael, who supervises all field teams from his office, automatically receives the forms entered during the inspections. As he is the guarantor of the quality of the facilities, he can immediately analyze the audits and trigger assistance according to the level of emergency. He can also create an intervention report with different levels of statistics, edit this in his preferred office tool and share it to different collaborators by email.
In addition, the information can be exported to the company’s ERP without re-entering. Michael does not need knowledge in coding or development and if the forms need to be adapted, he can make the adaptations without outside intervention. They will be automatically passed on to mobile teams.
In conclusion, the benefits of dematerializing the forms were multiple for Michael:
- Process compliance, standards, validation cycle and improved quality, better prevention of associated risks
- Simplification of data collection and sharing optimized in real time
- Better control over future operations, ongoing and planning for inspectors (response schedule)
- Elimination of paper, risks of misinterpretation and associated costs including manual tasks
- Accelerating, making transmission more reliable and centralizing information
- Better supervision and analytical capacity (compliance, non-compliance, corrective action)
- Strengthening sharing, security and confidentiality of exchanges
- Simple integration into the intervention structure in place
- Flexibility in creating and evolving forms without additional costs
Are you interested in the Nspek Solution? Discover all its features without waiting.